Terms and Conditions of Agreement(Read carefully)
a) The Exhibitor agrees to abide by all rules and regulations adopted by SMART Shows Inc. (“Management”) and agrees that “Management” shall have final decision in adopting any rule or regulation deemed necessary prior to, during and after the show.
b) The Exhibitor agrees to observe all union contracts and labour regulations agreements in force, agreements between “Management” and the official contractors serving the show facility and companies operating in the building in which the show takes place and to observe the labour laws of the jurisdiction in which the building is located. The Exhibitor will not do anything directly or indirectly connected with their display which might be violation of any laws, bylaws, ordinances or regulations of any government or regulatory body.
c) The exhibitor agrees to obtain, at its own expense, any licenses or permits which are required, including without limitation, from government bodies, trade or industry associations, and any other third parties, for the operation of its trade business during the show and to pay all taxes that may be levied against it as a result of the operation of its trade or business in their space allocated.
d) The exhibitor agrees not to conduct or be associated with a promotional contest in connection with the show, where the prize or prizes having a value in excess of $40 are ordered, unless the exhibitor (i) satisfies “Management” that the contest is being operated in accordance with the law and (ii) provides a letter satisfactory to “Management” covering the value of the prize(s).
e) The exhibitor agrees to obey any non- smoking regulations in effect at the facility and agrees to ensure that its employees and agents obey any such regulations.
a) The exhibitor agrees to occupy the contracted exhibitor space during the full term of the show and to exhibit only the products described in this contract.
b) “Management” reserves the right, in its sole direction to: (i) determine the eligibility of exhibitors and exhibits for the show, (ii) reject exhibits or exhibitors which “Management” considers objectionable, and (iii) relocate exhibitors and exhibits when SMART Shows opinion such moves are necessary to maintain character and/or good order of the show.
- The exhibitor shall not assign any rights under this agreement or sublet the space without the prior written permission of “Management”, which permission may be arbitrarily withheld.
- The exhibitor shall obtain and maintain at its own expense during the period commencing on the first move-in date and terminating on the last move-out date, a policy of insurance acceptable to “Management”. The policy of insurance shall name “Management” as loss-insured and insured the exhibitor against all claims of any kind arising from or in any way connected with the exhibitor’s presence or operations at the show. Policy shall provide coverage of at least $1,000,000 for each separate occurrence. At the request of “Management”, the exhibitor shall furnish a copy of such policy.
a) The exhibitor accepts all risks associated with the use of the exhibit space. The exhibitor shall not make any claim or demand or take legal action, whatsoever, against “Management”, the show sponsors or the facility in which the show is held, for any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused, to the exhibitor, its officers, employees, agents or their property.
b) The exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless “Management”, show sponsors and the facility, their respective officers, agents and employees, against all claims, costs and charges of every kind resulting from their occupancy of the exhibit space or its environs, for personal injuries, death, property damages or any other damage sustained by the exhibitor or its officers, agents, employees or those for whom in law they are responsible, or “Management” or a visitor of the show.
- All of the exhibitor’s property at the show shall be the sole risk of the exhibitor and “Management” assumes no responsibility for loss or damage thereto.
- The exhibitor is liable for any damage they cause to the facility or to any property of “Management”, its agents or any other exhibitor. The exhibitor may not apply paint, lacquer, adhesive or other coatings to the facility or to the property of “Management”, its agents or any other exhibitor.
- This contract may only be cancelled if notice, in writing, is received by “Management”. All deposits received up to the date of notice of cancellation are non-refundable. If notice of cancellation is submitted within 60 days or less prior to the first day of the show, the exhibitor is liable for full payment of his space rental under this contract. In the event the exhibitor fails to make payment as aforesaid or fails to comply in any respect with the terms of this contract, “Management” reserves the right to cancel this contract without notice and all rights of the exhibitor hereunder shall cease and terminate. Any payment made by the exhibitor on account hereof will be retained by Show Management as liquidated damages for breach of his contract and Show Management may thereupon rent said space. Failure to appear at the event does not release exhibitor from responsibility for payment of the full cost of the space rented.
- The exhibitor agrees no display will be dismantled or goods removed during the entire run of the show, but will remain in tact until the end of the final closing hour of the last show day or a $ 500 fine will be issued.. The exhibitor also agrees to remove its display and equipment from the show site by the final move-out time limit, or in the event of failure to do so, the exhibitor agrees to pay for such additional cost as may be incurred.
- In the event that the facility in which the show is to be held is destroyed or becomes unavailable for occupancy, for reasons beyond the control of “Management” is unable to permit the exhibitor to occupy the facility or the space, or if the show is cancelled or curtailed, “Management” and sponsors will not be responsible for any loss of business, loss of profits, damage or expense of whatever nature that the exhibitor may suffer. The reason listed include, but are not limited to, such reasons as: casualty, explosion, fire, lighting, flood, weather, epidemic, earthquake or other Acts of God, acts of public enemies, acts of terrorism or terrorist threats, riots or civil disturbances, strike, lockout or boycott.
- In the event that an exhibitor’s cheque is returned by the bank due to insufficient funds, a $40 fee will be charged to the exhibitor.